Fix Application Error 0xc0000142: Error 0xc0000142 can occur in any of the Windows versions and usually takes place when an application fails to initialize properly.The Application Error 0xc0000142 is a highly annoying and common error which affects a number of core Windows applications. Whenever you attempt to run the app you will Find this error:
The program was not able to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
Reasons For Application Error 0xc0000142:
Application Error 0xc0000142 is brought on by a malfunction or even a corruption using the program you are looking for. Many men and women report seeing this error when attempting to operate “cmd.exe” which will be the DOS emulator application for your PC. Although this error does not specify the actual problem with the program or application in question, you can fix it using a standard process.
The most typical reason why the Application Error 0xc0000142 seems is down to corrupt or damaged files which the many applications you require use. These files are needed to be used by your own computer, and if they are damaged at all, they will make your computer exceptionally unreliable and cause errors like the 0xc0000142 mistake.
- Program is known as “Search Safeguard” or “SW booster” (try to Uninstall)
- Incorrectly switched reg key
- NVIDIA drivers (Update Or Reinstall)
- Corrupted C++ installation (Try to Reinstall C++)
- Install DirectX 11
- Install Microsoft . NET Framework
- Antivirus or Protection Packages (Attempt to Disable Antivirus)
Repair Application Error 0xc0000142
Be sure to create a restore point only in case something goes wrong. Additionally, after trying each Method, please check if you’re able to Fix Application Error 0xc0000142 or not.
Method 1: Uninstall Unkown Programs
Uninstall “Search Protect” or “SW Booster” or “Performance Optimizer. ”
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Select the installed program list
- Choose and Uninstall “Search Shield.” Again check if you are able to correct Application Error 0xc0000142 or not.
Strategy 2: Change the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Open Run Control by Hold Window key and R Button Subsequently Type “Regedit.”
- Go To After Location in registry editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion \Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Double click LoadAppInit_DLLs and change the value from 1 to 0.
- Click OK to confirm and leave. Now run Your Software or Game.
Method 3: Update Graphic Card Drivers
Update the drivers for your graphics card on the NVIDIA site (or from the manufacturer’s website).
Occasionally updating graphic card driver’s appears to repair Application Error 0xc0000142 but if it doesn’t then proceed to the next step.
Strategy 4: Download newest C++, DirectX and . NET Framework
When there’s a C++ installation error, uninstall the C++ modules on the machine and reinstall. Install DirectX 11 and Microsoft’s latest . NET Framework.
Download C++ from here.
Download DirectX 11 from here.
Download . NET Framework from here.
Download DirectX end-user runtime installer from here.
Method 5: Download All in One Runtime (AIO)
Download and install AIO
This add-on incorporates all relevant and present runtimes in a pack and provides a selection of what you want to install. Included are all the . NET Framework versions including hotfix.
Strategy 6: Run the Application at Compatibility Mode
Run the program from compatibility mode and always start the application as administrator.
- Right click on file (providing application error 0xc0000142).
- Click on Properties and then click Compatibility tab.
- Click on “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” if the matches operate to save the settings if not last.
- Place a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select the operating system to which the motorist is available.
- Put a check mark on Run this application as an administrator under Privilege Level.
- Click on Apply and then exit. Check again if you Fix Application Error 0xc0000142 or not.
Strategy 7: Run SFC (System File Checker)
Run sfc /scannow control so that it scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
- Right click on the Windows button.
- Click on the Command Prompt(admin).
- It’ll prompt so click on yes, and also the command prompt with admin rights will open.
- Type sfc /scannow and wait for the procedure to finish.
That is it, all of the aforementioned methods will allow you to Repair Application Error 0xc0000142 in no time. In case you still have any query concerning this post feel free to let me know in the comment section.